Patient Participation Group
We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive our surgery and staff.
Why have a PPG?
- To obtain the views and feedback from the
- Review any feedback received about the services delivered with staff and relevant members of the PPG with a view of agreeing the improvements (if any) to be made to those services.
- Communicate information which may promote or assist with healthcare.
- Act as a forum for ideas on health promotional and self-care and support activities.
- Raise patient awareness of the range of services available at The Northern Medical Practice and help patient to access / use services more effectively
What we don’t use the PPG for
- The PPG is not a forum for individuals to express personal complaints. Complaints must be made to comply with our complaints procedure.
- The group is also not a place for medical advice and issues.
Benefits of PPG
Patients will benefit through:
- The opportunity to recommend improvements and raise issues which can lead to action.
- A better awareness of how Northern Medical Practice operates.
The Practice will benefit through:
- Improved communication with patients
- The potential for a mutual, respectful relationship.
We hope to broaden our PPG over the coming meetings and recruit additional patients to the group. Information on the dates, times and venue will be found on our practice notice board and our Website.
To help us with this, we are setting up a virtual patient representation group so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this representative group some questions from time to time, such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you received. We will contact you via email and keep our surveys succinct so it shouldn’t take too much of your time.
We aim to gather around a hundred patients from as broad a spectrum as possible to get a truly representative sample. We need young people, workers, retirees, people with long term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.